Eremidia: An Empty Tome - Chessmaster's Challenge
A downloadable game for Windows
Chessmaster's Challenge is a standalone game based on its main project, emphasizing more in combat mechanics. The game is made in arcade-like design in mind, meaning it has a little story and more combats where the player will be tested in a series of battles and ultimately defeat the Chessmaster who invited them in his own game of "twisted chess of chaos".
Player will be given four party members--each with their unique abilities--and an ample supply to get started in Hall of Pawnsmoor, where they have to beat all the challenges Chessmaster has set up for his challengers. Along your way in completing the challenges in Hall of Pawnsmoor, player will find more characters (to date, up to 64 characters are obtainable including the initial party members) via completing achievements and/or performing certain feats.
(Note: Not an actual plot; the plot written below is purposed for technical demo use only)
The Chessmaster of Pars Mythos has invited you to play his game of chess. However, this game is not a mere chess; it is a game where you take control of characters listed in The Empty Tome, and you start with only four characters to work with.
On top of that, he also has set up a series of challenge for you to beat. Each challenges will grant you an extra edge and/or additional units for your party.
Complete all of his challenges, and the Chessmaster will deem you worthy enough to face him directly.
- Three levels of "challenges" + one hidden level; with randomized prizes on completion, and each comes with three challenge branches.
- Grid Battle System; fight various enemies in chess-like battlefield
- Achievement system; there are a total of 88 achievements to be unlocked
- Up to 64 unique, playable characters; start with four at first, the rest are obtainable via achievements
|Made with||RPG Maker|
|Tags||2D, eremidia, Experimental, RPG Maker, Singleplayer, Turn-based|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few hours|
- Unzip the downloaded .zip in folder of your choice
- Go to ED-Arena folder
- Run Game.exe
- v1.7 Patch build 19121959 days ago
- Chessmaster's Reckoning -- A Contest is About to Held!99 days ago
- v1.7 Patch build 031119Nov 03, 2019
- v1.7 Patch build 271019Oct 28, 2019
- v1.7 Patch build 251019Oct 26, 2019
- v1.7 -- Final update; a curtain call.Oct 20, 2019
- v1.6.3 update Oct 11, 2019Oct 11, 2019
- v1.6.2 update Sept 22, 2019Sep 22, 2019